BAD DOG

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Orpingtons4U, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    My dog Lizzy got out and went Down Neighbor's Driveway then she went down the road to a house down the dang street and i was chasing her so she is in DEEP DEEP TROUBLE

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I suggest you train your dog to come when she is called. Then you don't have to chase her.

Even if she is trained, she won't come to you if you are angry.

The rule at my house is: it doesn't matter what you did, mom's feet are the "free zone". If you can just get to Mom's feet, you won't be punished. I never have to chase my dogs. If I ever raise my voice, they are scrambling to get to safety on my feet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    I was screaming her name but when she got hot she layed down so i picked her up i need the AC on i am HOT

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Please train your dog!

5. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    She is trained

6. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    She's not trained enough, obviously. Every dog, even very very well trained dogs will disobey some of the time. Try and set up more training time with her and don't punish her for her bad behavior -- just look at those situations as her showing you where her training needs to be improved [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Yeah but its harder to train older dogs plus she is stubborn
    this is what she looks like

[​IMG]

8. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    it's not harder to train older dogs. It's simply a matter of finding out what motivates them. It CAN take longer, just like breaking any bad habit.

Since her recall isn't great, I wouldn't let her in an unfenced area without a leash or long line attached.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Since she runs away from you keep her on a leash when she's outside with you. Once a dog learns how to get away from you she/he will consistently do so when motivated. Nothing makes a dog owner so angry as to have their dog go suddenly deaf. Remember, your dog can read you body language like we read a book. They know when we are angry and will stay away from us.

I had a friend whose dog would escape and be hard to catch so she would get the car, open the door, and call the dog. Sure enough he'd come a running because he loved a car ride. I like the idea of making one's feet a safe zone.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  10. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia

Yeah we will keep her on the lead from now on

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by