Bad eggs???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by justmeandtheflock, Sep 11, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    OK, I think I know what I am seeing here but since it's my 1st time I would love some more opinions [​IMG] This 1st batch I think are clear. Why do some of them have a large dark area in them?? Sorry about the quality, I really need to find my tripod [​IMG] TIA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    It is hard to tell, but not bad photos. The dark area should be the yolk. What day are they on? I never call them "clear" until I've cracked them open and look for the bullseye. If they are day 18, they are for sure duds. You should see some veining in there I would think if they are early. HenZ

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Sorry, we are a few hours into day 7. I just tried to take pics of my blood rings and they look the same as these [​IMG] I put them back in the bator for now. Tomorrow I will look for my tri-pod but I don;t know if it will help, that't the way they look on my camera screen and I think DD broke my other camera the other night. grrrr Thanks for the reply [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by