Bad Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rgatch, Sep 20, 2010.

1. rgatch

rgatch New Egg

Sep 7, 2010
    I have 6 chickens 1 rooster and 5 hens, 1 americhauna, 2 leghorns, 2 isa browns. they are @ 26 weeks old and have begun to lay eggs my problem is this: I have eaten the eggs twice and have felt nausious for 2 days i have washed the and not washed them and my boxes are clean and changed often. I purchased them from Tractor Supply and dont know if they were given any medicated feed, I did'nt even know of medicated feed until recently.
    any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    How often did you eat eggs before you had chickens? I ask because I was NOT a big egg eater before we had chickens and now that we've got spare eggs, I end up eating them more often than ever before and I've had a few stomach aches- not because of something wrong with the eggs but simply because I'm not used to the frequency. Does that make sense?

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    how long did you have the birds before you got eggs? It might have something to do with medicated feed, If the place is local I would go back and ask about their feed, I'm not sure how long after med feed is given is it safe to eat the eggs but someone here will know.

4. rgatch

rgatch New Egg

Sep 7, 2010
    I eat eggs at least once a week, and they have never bothered me my wife also got sick from the first time we had them and she will not even think of eating them again. As for the medicated feed they have never han any that I know of the reason I mention that is could one or all my hens have some bug transferring through the eggs? I had been looking forward to fresh eggs and this is a bit of a disappointment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by