Bad hatch of turkeys

Oklahoma Lightning

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Twin Oaks
I had 48 eggs in the incubator and six hatched.
I had 22 chiockens eggs in with them and 21 hatched.
I really couldn't decided what my problem was but after reading a lot of post and anything else I could find, I decided my humity was to high at one point early on and my temperture at the last was to cold and humity to high.
I have a sportman with the clear door, it's a cabinet.
I kept my temp right on 99.7 but dropped it back to 95.6 to hatch.
Steve.Harp or any turkey hatcher, you all got any ideas. if you do just jump right into.
It was raining like crazy here and around day 20 the Humity shoot up to 85 and I couldn't keep it down. Then I uped the humity again for the last three days to 85 per cent.
I am trying it again with fewer turkey eggs, got the temp at 99.8, humity 32 per cent, hand turning them three times a day.

We incubate and hatch in a Sportsman.

Temp. 99.8 to 100F straight thru- I have never lowered the temp at the stop turning day for any eggs.

Humidity runs 30 to 40 % during incubation, 60 during hatch. However - we do staggered hatches in ours so the humidy is going up and down all thru the process.

Steve in NC

Thanks Steve, I am trying to lowe humity and same temputer the whole time.
Got another question for you, don't you use the snake heater in an incubator?
Thought I bookmarked the site but when I went to order it this week couldn't find it. I want to put it in a Black Walnut cabinet incubator I am building. When I couldn't find it I thought about heat tap but it says to keep it under 95 degrees. I thought about putting a strip in 3 levels to keep the temp even on all levels.

Back
Top Bottom