Bad, horrible and good news Update

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Jan 6, 2009.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    The bad news first. We prob.move this year again because of the army, my kids have to change school and we have to sell the house and move into on post family housing.
    The horribe news is : they dont allow poultry and i will have to give away all my ducks to fellow BYC'ers. No ducklings for me then [​IMG]

The good news is : If we have to go and move we will go back to Fort Knox. This is were my two oldest were born. The first place i lived in the US , basicilly my old stomping grounds. THey have awesome schools with all army brats so my kids wont be the only military kids in school anymore. Fort Knox is safe(duh its FT Knox for a reason. The kiddos can go to the play ground and be safe and have lots of friends. Maybe i can make a trashcan stealth coop with two serama hens or at least a few button quail in a 20-30 gallon long fish tank. I will find a way.
    Oh and other women who speak german to.
    We would also get nice 1 story house. For you who know Knox Morand Manor, North Dietz or the Van Voorhis flats. No more junior enl townhomes. I dont even want the new housing the feel so non army to me.

The best of all it would be mon-fri 9-5 job for my hubby. No more 7am-9pm mon-sat work and they still call when he gets home.

Looks Like we might ot have to move after all. 1sgt got terminated for some shifty stuff. DH still has troubles in the station and will hand out article 15 to a soldier. But for now moving is off. And building a coop is back on.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    firstly, thank you for your sacrifices so that i may have the liberties and safety i enjoy everyday!

hope your new home is great!

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Have a good move! My hubby is German American. His mother was German from Ansbach. She and I got along mostly because we could speak german to each other [​IMG] . And I am an army brat too!! Enjoy your move, and wishing you fast, profitable sale of the place you have now.

4. Damsel

Damsel Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Middle, TN
    Ditto Miss Jayne - thanks you so much to you and your family for all that you do so we can live our lives.
    I'm a newbie and a tad cyber-shy (is that a new term) but felt compelled to give you my sincere thanks!

5. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:My Dh's job as a recruiting tation commander is prob. the most hated job in the army . The civilans hate you, 1sgt pushes you, the command does the same, the recruiters and their spouses hate you even more because he made them work past eight because they refused to do their work and calls during day time. I am sad that i have to give up the ducks but i am glad because recruiting is the job with the highest divorce rate(because they deal with the mainly 17-25 year olds and they will do crazy stuff for the benefits of the army) It will be so much better for my husbands health with all the stress gone. And i can go to the commi and PX again.

6. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:I doubt we can sell for profit we just had it for a year and we live in a town depending on steel and auto industry. We prob just break even. I use to grow up near Ansbach. Was your DH's dad stationed in Katterbach?
    i havent spoken german in so long that i talk germlish now. Start in german and end in english . " Hast Du a glass of milch ? or Komm her or i'm gonna get your little tushie(when i chase my youngest down

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, I don't know, I will have to ask him when he gets home. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Connie, I hope you know that while you will miss your birds immensly, you still have family here with us. Once a BYC'er ALWAYS! I really hope everything works out for you and your family. [​IMG]

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I am sorry you have to move, give up your ducks and your kids have to change schools, that all stinks! I am glad that you get to go someplace safe and familiar, that makes it almost worth it!!

Thank you from my family to your family for all your sacrifices, we certainly appreciate them!! [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:AS i said i will find way to keep either some seramas or quail. And sooner or later , well a soon as we know if my DH will retire from FT Knox we can buy a piece of land with trailer or a house on it . Then its on . Its Kentucky backwoods and you can own pretty much anything you want.(there is a guy in entral KY that has a pet lion)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by