Bad luck! Are these boys or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BLaBauve, May 11, 2010.

1. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I've been trying to get a mille d'uccle pullet for 6 months now, but I always end up with roos! I think the mottled d'uccle may be a girl though. Do any of the Mille's look like girls?? All of their combs are very defined. Sorry the pics aren't that great.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BLaBauve

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Bump!

3. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    The black and the tan (don't know what color that is [​IMG] ) that you have an up-close of are both lil girls. Congrats!

4. BLaBauve

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I hope you're right. Last time they all looked like this and then turned to roos!

5. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say the molted is the only girl....sorry if I popped your bubble!

6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The one in the back in first pic looks like roo.Myabe 2 roo's [​IMG].I have one hen with a little more red comb but it's a hen so...I have 8 same color going on 2- 3 months old almost .I have 3 roo's and 5 hens.But I can have all the roo's I want here.So will not be over run on roo's really with this group.I haven't gotten any pic's up of mine yet maybe can get time tomm. to take a few.They are loving the roomy coop and havent discovered the run yet.This is the first year I have gotten any Mille Fleur but they are nice lil bird's.Some of mine are getting the spots and muff's now.They are cute.Hope you can get a couple hen's at least.Will try to get some pic's of mine tomm.

7. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Black/mottled is a pullet, one mille fleur is a cockerel (bottom pic on the left) and the other mille fleur is a pullet (bottom pic on the right). That's my best guesstimate.

8. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I agree with high roost ranch.

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    The D'uccles are both boys, the black one is a girl

10. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps