Bad News Today :(

Sorry for you loss.
...they were all sleeping under Coco.... to help Coco take care of them but it didn't work.
Who is Coco...a broody hen?
How old were the chicks and where did you get them?
More info about the situation would help us help you.

Sorry for you loss.

Who is Coco...a broody hen?
How old were the chicks and where did you get them?
More info about the situation would help us help you.
Please read my introduction post, I just joined a few days ago and everything is explained there.

Hmmm, that's a shame...could be Coco might not be an attentive mama?
No chance of a predator reaching thru crate bars?
No predators, they are inside a back room that we constructed outside of my room which is a back house in our yard. My three cats and two dogs sleep with coco every night in the same room so there's no way that anything would be wanting to get close to the room, let alone be able to, it's very secure. I think that the baby froze to death during the night. But the other chick is always with Coco and runs to be under her whenever he can. She is very attentive with him.

I hate to say it, but sometimes chicks just die. I've had a few that there wasn't anything wrong and one morning they just don't wake up. I hope that your luck turns with your other chick though. I know how bad it feels to lose one.

I hate to say it, but sometimes chicks just die. I've had a few that there wasn't anything wrong and one morning they just don't wake up. I hope that your luck turns with your other chick though. I know how bad it feels to lose one.
Yeah, unfortunately with the other chick, I'm going to have to rehome him in 6 months because he is a rooster and I'm not allowed to have roosters in my neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom