Bad News

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buster, May 13, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I just got a call from a neighbor of mine and he requested that I attend a meeting at city hall regarding the property across the street from my house. We moved here six months ago and while we are zoned agriculture, we are only two houses away from being in city limits and the area across the street has been annexed but not developed. My neighbor wasn't clear about all the details but he is bringing me a petition because they are planning on putting a housing addition on the property across the street. Up until now we have not worried a lot about it because of a bug called the potato cyst nematode which was found on the property. The department of agriculture has required that any vehicle going in or out of the infected area be washed by them which has stopped both potato crops and development in their tracks. Apparently they are ready to move ahead with the development. I really don't want more housing there first and foremost because I don't want new neighbors and second, I don't want the increased traffic around here.

My neighbor just left with the petition and I am hoping that my wife is able to make it in time to the city hall meeting because I have strep throat at the moment and cannot go.

2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Sorry to hear about that Buster.BTW what kind of rooster is that in your avatar?It looks to be some sort of mottled pattern.

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    So sorry Buster--

On the bright side...you reggs have veins!! They are almost all fertile! Thanks for shipping me such fertile eggs!!

Hope things work out on the homefront.........

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

The rooster in my avatar is my speckled sussex rooster named Mack. He has too much white for the breed but I am working on breeding up some better lines. I love his build and how he carries himself though. Not sure if they match exactly with ss breed guidelines, but I really like him. His hens are some of our favorites- very curious and nice. I have more pics of Mack at this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=51244

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:WOW THAT'S GREAT! I am sooooo excited about that! Your eggs are the first dozen I shipped except for 4 that went to someone else! I was really hoping they would do well! Keep me posted!

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Oh man, that stinks! Hope it works out for you.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Dang
    Dang
    Dang!!!

I hope it gets shot down.

8. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    lets hope it dosen't pass..... [​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Still waiting for my wife to come home from the meeting and let me know how it went....

10. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    hope all goes well for ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by