Bad storms..Apple Tree landed on Rooster pen!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Chicken People, Jul 21, 2010.

1. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Thankfully no animals were harmed! We had a bad storm roll through! DH was at work and I was driving home in it! When I got to one end of our road a river ran through it! Then I drove way around and at three places on the road in less than a half mile the water was rushing over the road! I get 20 feet from my drive way and theres a tree down across the road! [​IMG]
    I park in the neighbors drive and notice our pond has back flooded onto his property which now looks as if he has two ponds! I run to my house and notice the tree in the drive ( where I normally park) has a big limb down!
    And then [​IMG] I see the apple tree over the Roosters pen! And notice my other pen with some juveniles and my cochins in it is on its side! Thank God no one was injured they were all hiding in their makeshift coop!
    So all in all the damages were an added chore as we had to fire up the chain saw! Instead of taking the Roos to freezer camp! So they got a stay of execution for one more night!
    The straight line wind really reeked havoc on my garden! I sure hope my okra bounces back! Got lots of repairs to do today!

2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    WHEW! Glad everyone is safe. Hey, send some water our way - it's getting pretty darned dry!

3. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Red&Yellow :

WHEW! Glad everyone is safe. Hey, send some water our way - it's getting pretty darned dry!

please... send rain.​

4. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    We got flooding too. Ugh.
    Part of my 1/2 mile drive way was completely washed out.
    Water ran over the road.
    Water rose even higher than the bridge. We have had WAY too much rain here!

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Yes we have! My cukes are rotting on the vines!

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like what we had in April. Really bad floods, high winds, you name it. Then May and June get here and we get hardly any rain. Rain is good, except when you get it all at once! Glad you and yours are safe. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by