1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bad-Tempered Laying Hens Available in Central Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by K7 Menagerie, Nov 30, 2008.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I have 5 hens that pick at each other mercilessly, and nothing I do seems to help. I have treated them for mites as well, so I know it's not that. Most recently I have coated their backsides with some nasty tar-like substance, we'll see how that works. [​IMG]

Interestingly enough, they have no issues with people, just other chickens. Roos, hens, doesn't matter. They're the Hell's Angels with feathers. [​IMG]

Three are EE, the other two were supposed to be Welsummers but they lay an off white egg so I'm not sure what they really are.

All 5 were hatched in May and began laying at around 21 weeks, so they're still young girls. I have decided it might be best to rehome the worst three of the bunch, one of the EE and the two question marks. $5 each, and only if you're not planning on them for Sunday dinner anytime soon.

Thanks!

(the photo is from when they were a bit younger, don't have anything more recent or closer up, sorry)
    [​IMG]

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    How much for the coop??? [​IMG]

3. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I'll sell you the coop for cheap, it's renting the helicopter to lift the coop and fly it to Florida that's expensive..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by