Bad Test Results

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by flnatv, Jun 9, 2011.

1. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Just needed to vent somewhere...
    I have been a diet controlled type 2 diabetic for about a year now...
    Had to get a recent checkup and now they are putting me on meds.... I hate Meds [​IMG]

2. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    [​IMG]
    I hate them to but sometimes they are just a part of life [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'm sorry. [​IMG]

Maybe the meds will get you back on track to the point that you can control by diet, again.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:So sorry. Meds are better than the alternative.
    Work hard to take care of yourself and keep the meds to a minimum.

Imp

5. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Thanks and yes... pill meds are much better than injections...
    Unfortunately it runs on both sides of my family... so I have always had to be careful.

Hard to exercise with a heat index of 112, but somehow I will come up with something more than what I already do (I usually stop yard work around 9am due to heat).

Maybe I will get a huge swimming pool and swim with the ducks [​IMG] Now that is a plan I can live with...
    Yes, a big pool for "exercising" ... just might work.

Thanks guys... I am a single mother with 2 teenagers and no family close by... BYC has become sort of a "foster" family for me.

6. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Sorry you have to move to meds, that's a bummer for sure! [​IMG]

Is your house 2 stories? When it's yucky outside, I climb our stairs for a workout. There are 11 to the landing, and 8 more to the top - not too bad if you do several reps. (of course, don't do this with the kids around, in my experience it just confirms to them that your crazy, LOL [​IMG] )

7. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Quote:LOL... my kids already have that confirmation... and nope... I am in a one story.
    We have a lake close by and some hiking trails... maybe my dog and I both need some exercise. She is a little on the chubby side ... okay... A LOT on the chubby side, but not obese.

Kids are going to visit my sister and parents in Florida for the rest of the summer... maybe I can find some projects while they are gone.

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I am constantly wathcing my levels, since I had GD with my daughter 8 years ago. I still test.[​IMG] But I know that I am at risk. My major reason is because when I had the GD it was barely controlable with excercise and diet. They gave me insulin. Up'd the dose when what they started me on didnt work. That night I had a reaction to the insulin. Nearly put me into pre term labor. They quickly took me off the insulin and told me that I had to be careful with me levels, because I cant be on it at all.
    So I excercise more. Try and eat better. and now participate in 5 and 10ks as much as possible. [​IMG]

9. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

I am constantly wathcing my levels, since I had GD with my daughter 8 years ago. I still test.[​IMG] But I know that I am at risk. My major reason is because when I had the GD it was barely controlable with excercise and diet. They gave me insulin. Up'd the dose when what they started me on didnt work. That night I had a reaction to the insulin. Nearly put me into pre term labor. They quickly took me off the insulin and told me that I had to be careful with me levels, because I cant be on it at all.
    So I excercise more. Try and eat better. and now participate in 5 and 10ks as much as possible. [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about the GD... My first baby ws 10 1/2 pounds and a month early (not diagnosed), my second I WAS diagnosed with GD and she was 7lb 4 oz... a couple of weeks early, but I was HUNGRY all the time.

Please still keep track of yours....

I was a cheerleading coach up until this past fall... I just couldn't do it anymore... we were gone so much and my diet was suffering. However, it wasn't until after I resigned that the level increased... HUMMMM ....

EDITED: My kids are now 14 and 16.​

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by