Bad Titan, Guinea's don't need cleaning....

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Miss Red, May 19, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Oh no! I never thought he'd actually do it. Titan has a bad habit of 'cleaning' all my animals. Cats, kittens, chickens, he's not picky. If he can wrap his mouth around it he's going to clean it. Well early this morning [around 4:30 A.M.] I left him outside because he had been barking and between him and Trixie, I was ready to go back to bed.

When I finally went back outside to do my morning rounds, around 9 A.M., Titan had one of my guinea's pinned down and was trying to clean it! They're just two weeks old, so him licking them and mouthing them ended up as their death. I lost two guinea keets this morning to Titan's need to clean everything! One of my albino's too. Now I have only one keet left with all my ducks/chicks so I'm going to have to go get some more but I have no idea where to get them!

The three I had were given to me by a guy at the feed store so it's not like I can just go buy them.

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear about your 2 keets. Hoping you can find more to be friends with your lonely keet.

3. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Awe thank you. I found some keets around my guineas age, unfortunately all out of that brood were sold they just hadn't been picked up. I'm now on a waiting list to get some from my feed store, I figure waiting until he orders some is better than not getting mroe at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by