1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bad Weather Today

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LaPoulet, Feb 23, 2016.

1. LaPoulet

LaPoulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    SE Louisiana
    The weather may be so bad today that all of the schools are closed in this entire area.:/

2. MoonShadows

MoonShadows The Jam Man

Jan 23, 2013
    Pocono Mtns
    My Coop
    Where do you live?

We are in the Pocono Mountains. The schools have only been closed once this year, making it a very unusual year. Some years we get upwards of 10 or more days off during the winter because of the weather. As a part time school bus driver, I love it. It feels like I am a kid again when I get that call with a recording saying: "The School District will be closed today due top inclement weather."

3. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Where are you and what are you expecting? The degree of 'bad' to close schools varies drastically by region... In Northern Illinois they rarely for snow unless it's extreme amounts piling up during school start times, most 'snow days' now are due to extreme cold temps like -20° or -30°F or full out blizzards and white out conditions... While on the other hand a State or two South and they will close schools over the mere forecast of snow or freezing temps...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  4. LaPoulet

LaPoulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    SE Louisiana
    I live in SE Louisiana and it is severe storms coming in from Texas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by