Update! He made it through the night. I got up every so often to give him some water with the vitamin electrolyte powder. If it had been more than an hour I gave him two full ml with the syringe. He drank the majority of it. His eyes were open around 8:30 am and he can move around, and stand for short periods, but he is still keeping his head down. The bleeding has stopped and his mouth is clear, so I will feel comfortable feeding him something today. He has not pooped since I brought him in last evening. That makes me think his body needs everything he is getting. Someone suggested baby bird formula? Where can I get that? Thank you to all for thoughts and prayers. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ We found our rooster in the yard today..immobile, head down and eyes closed. But still breathing. externally his injuries appear minimal and he has opened his eyes sometimes. However I noticed he has blood coming from his mouth. My Instinctual reaction upon seeing him, and after cleaning him up is that he should be humanly euthanized, however DH is really attached to him, and wants to try to save him. He is now inside in a warm safe place whenever David isn't holding him, and I gave him a shot of Pen G. I realize he may be beyond saving, but for David's sake, is there anything you might suggest to try? I have thought of giving him vitamin and electrolyte water with a syringe, but I am not sure how to try to feed him, or how often. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate them.