Badly Low and High Temps, Still alive. HOW???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rainstorm, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    I made a Cardboard Box incubator as just a fun project, Using only a box with a removable lid, Foil, and the Light socket from one of those Disk lights and a 25 watt bulb.

I put in 10 of my own eggs, 5 ducks and 5 Bantams, I've found the temps at 83 degrees which was like that for a day twice because I was having a hard time geting it back up when I found it, and I found it at 110 more then ONCE and about twice it was nearly all day it was like that. I missed turning them a few times by not being home, their on day 8 and 9. After yet finding it at 108 degree's today I decided it was pointless. When I opened the lid to throw away the eggs I decided to check one last time. The other day there was NOTHING in those eggs. Tonight I candled and 9 out of 10 eggs I can see Heart beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Veins and a small Red something just beating away! only 1 bantam egg went bad! So tell me. I am 100% Positive the 9 are alive, The heart beating is plain easy to see Not mistaken
    P.S I added nearly a dozen of my own eggs to my LG incubator and only 2 have made it possibly only 1 couldnt really tell on the other. and When waiting to collect all my eggs to be incubated I Never turned them each day before putting in the incubator like I was told I was suppose to for the Box incubator. LG incubator I did. Just Luck or Super Eggs?

2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    wow. That's amazing. i'd say Super Eggs! However, the first three days of incubation here I was still dinking with the thermostat and I finally got it to run right on temp, was sure I had ruined the eggs but after candling I saw 7 out of ten still going gung-ho..I think they can take more abuse than previously thought..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by