Bake eggs do not boil

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hennotrooster, Feb 22, 2013.

1. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    I came across a site that had another method to "boiled" eggs that peel easily...Bake the eggs at 325 for 20-25 minutes run cold water over them and the shell will come off with no problems. I tried it with one egg in case it didn't work. I used an egg that was collected that morning and it peeled so easy not one bit of the egg went to waste.

2. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Sounds interesting, I may give it a try next time I have the oven on for something.

3. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Makes sense. It would greatly reduce the amount of moisture in the egg causing it to separate from the inside of the shell.

4. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I am going to try this right now. I wanted hard boiled eggs for a salad but everything I have is really fresh. I'll see how it goes!! Do they need to be turned?

5. hennotrooster

hennotrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2012
    Hesperia CA
    No, I baked it in a muffin tin as the instruction said to keep them from rolling I forgot to put that in the post.

6. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Let us know the results. DH loves boiled eggs, so this might be a good way to get them to peel more easily..

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I'll give that a try - thanks for posting!!

8. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine were still a pain to peel but I usually let them sit in ice water for about 2 hours and this time they only cooled about 15 minutes so that could have been the problem.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Just tried it - no luck whatsoever. Oh, well...nothing ventured.....

10. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    Tried this several times and they were horrible. They didn't peel any easier and they tasted funny. The one we use is to bring the water to a hard boil, then drop the eggs in all at once and boil for 15 minutes. Then drain them and dump ice on top of them. They peel every time even with brand new eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by