Baked Custard

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by dfunnyfarm, Apr 7, 2008.

1. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    4 eggs
    2 1/2 c. milk
    1-2 c. sugar
    Vanilla
    Nutmeg
    Place all ing. in saucepan. Beat together. (Beat gently until everthing is just thoroughly mixed). Heat mix until hot, but not boiling. Place in baking dish, sprinkle more nutmeg over top and bake in 325 degree oven for 40 min.

I make this one in my metal loaf pans and I put it in a water bath while cooking. I also have added coconut and cocoa powder for a change. I really like it warm or chilled.

2. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I think this calls for a trip to gather eggs!

3. Peeper

Peeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Little Rock, AR
    Does the recipe call for 1/2 c sugar or 1 or 2 cups?[​IMG]

4. whatthecluck

whatthecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    VeRmOnT
    I made this last night and am eating it for breakfast...its cups [​IMG]
    and I made mine in individual covered crocks and set them to bake in a rectangular baking dish with water in it....I also switched them to the broiler for the last 2 minutes to carmelize the sugars on the top (creme brulee)..and can attest to the need for fully chilling. Last night noone wanted it. It was runny a bit when hot...and this morning fully chilled it is DIVINE. I added coconut as well. [​IMG]

5. Peeper

Peeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks! I'm going to try it. The kids will be suprized when they get home from school![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by