BALD BACKS ON 2 HENS, THOUGHT FROM ROO THEY HAD BEFORE I GOT EM, NOT MOLTING?DONT WANT THEM COLD?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkymom, Dec 3, 2014.

1. silkymom

silkymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    i was given these sexlink girls, i think they are a couple yrs old, 2 of em have bare back, should have come back by now, had em for 2 months,no molting i can see and no feathers chewed up, someones picking i think? i always had silk birds, never had probs, my roo isnt doing it, i do have heat in coop, so they are warm and still laying in freezing weather, ?????[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they love green bean casserole and dinner rolls., heheh

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Their bare backs are from overmating. They won't grow back in until they go through a molt.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    x2

4. Howlet

Howlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    Maryland
    My Coop
    my hen is going through Molt and shes not even a year yet O_O

5. silkymom

Nov 20, 2009
    my roo just started breeding the girls a week ago, i got them that way, had them a month befor i got the young roo????? we had the roo a month before he crowed and started breeding?

6. silkymom

Nov 20, 2009
    wow at this time of year i will get a molt? i guess your all right they came to me that way and 2 with bumblefoot i had to do surgery on, i hope feathers come back but i hate to have them molt in freezing weather, thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by