Bald eagles heading your way.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by True Grit, Nov 26, 2010.

1. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

While I was out this afternoon walking the dog I noticed 4 bald eagles overhead flying straight south. They must be on their migration now that the lakes and rivers are freezing up...and they look hungry![​IMG] Then when I was back home in the kitchen I saw an owl alight in the pine tree 10 yds from the coop. Luckily the girls aren't free ranging any longer. Raptor day around our place.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    As long as the girls are fine, it's all good! [​IMG]

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    We have resident Bald Eagles here. . . A pair who nest in the trees just across the road, and have full view of our pastured hens and roosters. They even got a new baby this year, but thankfully I've never had troubles yet. . . It's the hawks I'm worried of.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Saw 2 last week. They're on their way to Greers Ferry Lake, & The Little Red River! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I am missing a hen, no sign of struggle or feathers, just like she vanished in thin air. There was a hawk flying low the other day when I was feeding the chickens their mealworms I think thats what got her. They free range most of the day I could not close them up they would be miserable. First time for me and they have been free ranging for over a year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by