Bama and Blue Boy today PIC

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Jul 11, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I was making a few pics today. Here are Bama and Blue Boy and my two five month old cockerels that I am going to put in with my black hens and pullets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm158/julieschicks/Orpingtons/007-1.jpg[/img

Better pic of my fav. black

[IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm158/julieschicks/Orpingtons/006-4.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Dont know why it wouldn't let me post this.
    [​IMG]

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    One more of him
    [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Bama sure has filled out nicely, Julie. And Blue Boy, well, you know how I feel about him. My sweet Suede is just the spittin' image, except he just molted out about 6 sickle feathers and is bobtailed like when he was a youngster right now, LOL.

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Blue Boy molted last Aug and I thought he never would get his tail feathers back in. Just wormed them all about six weeks ago and he looks like he has put on some weight. He eats all the time since the girls are all setting and he doesn't have a hen with him. I let him out to run the yard all day and keeps Bamas comb looking aweful as they spar through the fence.

6. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

All I can say is....... W O W ! ! !

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Those are some good looking bird, Julie. Bama really looks amazing. I would love to have some more eggs from him and your girls.

8. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Angie I should have some more eggs by Sept. Right now I have four Orps setting again. I didn't really want to hatch anymore but I gave each of them a few eggs to get it over with. I have one that was freeranging in daytime with Blue Boy and she went up under the workhouse and is setting on a clutch of eggs. Only comes out one a day to eat. Sure hope she has some fertile eggs under her. I should know next week. They would be Blue Boys.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The one mottled egg from you that was marked MO that hatched is a pullet! She is a pretty girl. I would like to have a black (not from the bbs lines) or another mottled to pair her with. She has white wing tips on her flight fleathers and I wonder if she will change any at all when she goes through her first molt.

I have another orp from that same hatch from your eggs with very similar markings and the 2 chicks looked the same at hatch - both different from the other bbs orp chicks- and I have always wondered if an egg was mismarked. It is a cockeral. I have them penned together and can't wait to get to hatch eggs from her and him - you know - just to see what happens.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow beautiful birds! Hope those chicks I hatched look like those!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by