BAMA mottled Orps comparisons PICs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I thought i would show the difference in BAMA and son BAMA Jr.
    BAMA is much more white at a younger age than his son who is five months old. The first pic is BAMA four months

[​IMG]
    Back view of feathering
    [​IMG]
    Now here is BAMA Jr. Bred from a cross between BAMA and his mother.
    He is more typey for sure and better mottling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now this is sibling to BAMA Jr.
    She is very large. Hasn't got a red comb yet and still filling out. Has more white than cockerel
    [​IMG]
    One more shot. They would not pose for me today.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think Bama, Jr. is definitely an improvement in body type and overall look. Very cool, Julie! [​IMG]

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks Cyn. I have three younger pullets that I hope look good to breed to BAMA Jr. along with this girl. Then I will try them back to BAMA and see which results in better offspring. I will also breed BAMA Jr. to mother hen if she starts laying again. She just went through a molt and is looking good, She is close to three years old if not older. I am not sure of the age when I got her but since she molted out BLack I am assuming it was her first molt.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I certainly wish you much success with this venture, Julie. I think you are well on your way. [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Looks like you got your mottled genes in order. I can not wait to see how they will turn out!

6. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I hope so. I am hoping that Bama does not molt completely out black. So far it is looking like he will retain some white mottling. Some of the pullets are getting the white mottling already. They are two months

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by