Banana and Pumpkin Bread

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
I made Banana bread this morning.
In fact it just came out of the oven and is cooling.

I have a large tin serving dish I plan on wrapping it up in and taking to my fathers for halloween.

To keep the bread as fresh as possible should I keep it wrapped on the counter or put it in the fridge?
I noticed last time I put it in the fridge it had a lot of condensation on the wrapping. I didnt know if it would effect the bread..

I plan on doing the pumpkin bread tomorrow.

If I do not slice them they will still be nice and fresh by saturday?

Oh and my son painted a pie pumpkin at school. Can I still bake it painted? I dont know if the paint will wash off easy..

Last edited:
Make sure your bread is completely cooled before wrapping. You could also wrap with a couple of paper towels first, then wrap in plastic.

The bread will stay fresher if you don't cut it.

I know that to keep soft cookies soft you can put an apple wedge in the same container...maybe that would work for bread too. But I would still wait and cut the day of.

The pie pumpkin can probably be used....I am guessing they use lead free paints with the children. Just scrub off the paint before you bake the pumpkins.

Last edited:
I second Tammys advice.

As long as you cool the bread completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap it will keep fine. You could also wrap it in foil(over the plastic) and pop it in the freezer. As long as you take it out in the morning before you go to Dads and remove the foil, it will be thawed and won't taste like its been in the freezer. The foil prevents any other flavors or odors from getting in. I also agree not to slice it.

Edited to add... I bake B bread all the time. My MIL loves it but it is usually a few days before I can see her. So I put mine in the freezer all the time. It stays moist and fresh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom