1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Band Aid for sprawled legs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Kimbristow, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Kimbristow

Kimbristow Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2015
    I tried a tea cup method for my Pekin's sprawled legs, but the monkey kept jumping out and one of the other chicks took his place, so I got a slim tall mug and he still managed to get out, plus I was not happy with the fact he had no access to food or water and I had no idea how long it would take for his legs to become normal, so I turned to another piece of advice from the forum, to use a sticky plaster, the length of the pad part of the plaster was just the right size for the gate of the tiny chick, the plaster fell off after only one day, but I didn't have to re-apply as he's legs are no longer a problem and he is running around like it never happened.

My chick and I say, thank you to everyone BYC who has the knowledge and shares it with others.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I am glad you were able to find help here on BYC and your little chick is ok!

I always tell people, this IS the place to be for all the fun and learning!

3. st8yd

st8yd Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2014
    We usually wrap a piece of medical tape on their legs. An leave them in with the others so there is food n water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by