1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Banded My Showroller And English Trumpeter Squab

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by PaigeHgibson, May 18, 2011.

1. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    soooo first two squab looking good the hen and cock have a showroller and a Trumpeter chick in the nest
    I put the Trumpeter chick in their when the egg was pipping because my trumps squish the babies with their muffs (i have alot of shows coming up so their muffs are cut back )

My showroller squab looks promising

here is a pic of the Hen I love her color and body she is a 2010 bird can''t wait to see how she does at the show
    The cock is a lovely full bodied Mealy cock so my squab should be full of color

[​IMG]

My Trumpeter chicks Parents are a yellow splash and a almond see if you can find them LOl
    They were very young in this pic and look amazing now

[​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Very nice looking birds [​IMG]

3. Rollerman

Rollerman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    She is a nice roller. I like the red mottles. I have several in my flying rollers. I like thos trumpters also. I had some of those years ago and really like them. I like the fancy colored ones best. All I ever had was like the rest of yours,blacks and blues

4. PaigeHgibson

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I am planning on gettin a pair of flying rollers

she is a great hen , hoping to get some that look like her love love red mottles but the squab has dark pins coming in so i am not sure
    I am trying to get out off black trumps and focus more on my bluebars and almonds

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  5. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I like that show rollers color, pretty.
    Wow the trumpeters babys are colorful

6. Rollerman

Rollerman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    I would love to get some red and yellow and almond trumps! I just don't like black,blue colored/marked birds,unusuall for a roller person I know but thats me! I got one pair of red mottleds a few years back and boy have they produced. Stupid me didn't keep any of their offspring,because they are always the first picked out by buyers!.So now I am keeping them and have four pairs of them mating now!

7. sport14692

sport14692 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Carencro, La
    That is a pretty show roller

8. PaigeHgibson

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    thank you [​IMG] I got her from Don Humphress

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by