Banding Advice for Spraddle Leg

Dandaman1017

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2021
Hi all!

Just starting to raise my fourth flock now and was curious about spraddle leg. Never really experienced it. My 3 day old Blue Ameraucana named Lucy is walking, sometimes running, has a hop here or there, and is eating and drinking well. However, she seems to waddle when moving and her stance is wider than the rest. Also, she is noticeable slower and does not stand as tall as the rest. Other than the waddling and what seems like a slight weakness, she looks utterly fine and is acting like a normal chick to me. Could it just be a mild case and I should wait it out to see what happens, or should I bite the bullet and make a brace for Lucy to help her a bit? I just don't want her to have any long-term effects. Any thoughts would be great and much appreciated!

Hi all!

Just starting to raise my fourth flock now and was curious about spraddle leg. Never really experienced it. My 3 day old Blue Ameraucana named Lucy is walking, sometimes running, has a hop here or there, and is eating and drinking well. However, she seems to waddle when moving and her stance is wider than the rest. Also, she is noticeable slower and does not stand as tall as the rest. Other than the waddling and what seems like a slight weakness, she looks utterly fine and is acting like a normal chick to me. Could it just be a mild case and I should wait it out to see what happens, or should I bite the bullet and make a brace for Lucy to help her a bit? I just don't want her to have any long-term effects. Any thoughts would be great and much appreciated!
If you notice something off with there legs use a brace right away while there very young.

Back
Top Bottom