banding tags

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MickeysChicks, Aug 16, 2014.

1. MickeysChicks

MickeysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    I have had several people recommend that I put numbered leg bands on my girls. It especially would help with my leghorns because I definitely can't tell them apart! Because we have 14 girls ( for right now, still suspect we may have a roo in the bunch) we have been told that if we band them it will make it easier a couple of years down the road to seperate the different ages in the flock and help in figuring out which ones to cull from the group. The problem is no one has been able to tell me where to find the bands! Any ideas!

2. Celizwalsh

Celizwalsh Chillin' With My Peeps

I put leg bands on a couple of my girls as chicks to tell them apart while they were growing. They have been very helpful so far especially in keeping an eye on ones presumed to be roosters. I got mine at our local feed store but they can also be purchased online here ---> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ken+leg+bands&_nkw=chicken+leg+bands&_sacat=0

Just be careful if they are still growing as they will need to be monitored/changed to a larger size in order to prevent issues.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by