Bank of America

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Apr 12, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I swear I would never loan with them again if I had a choice. They have the crappiest customer service EVER!

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i have heard of that before. sadly my mother works for them in the loan department. too bad she didnt have you..... she is really nice. they are not very good employers either, my mother is about 60 years (still working) and they make her stressed out.... sure wish she would quit or retire or something else. sorry you had a bad expereince.

3. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I hate them. My folks are trying to rework their mortgage with them and B of A is being dishonest.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Gave up on BofA years ago. When BECU opened up to all residents in Wa. So much better.

Imp

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    My sis went through a year and a half of B of A crap and lies when they were trying to save their house. B of A never gave her a straight answer, they lied and messed up paperwork. It was ridiculous. A 6 month process took 3xs that and there were a couple times she thought she was going to actually lose her house due to the crap they were doing.

What I want to know is if B of A was in such financial trouble that we had to "bail them out" how did they ever afford to buy countrywide mortgage anyway? Oh wait, cause they weren't. Another brilliant decision by the US government.

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My father just last week told me this story: His wife, who is Indonesian was going into the local Bank of America to cash some checks that were drawn on their bank. One day she was with my father, who went to drop her off to run into the bank, and she said "No, I don't want to go to this one, they're bothering me". My father said "What do you mean they're "bothering" you??" She explained that they had been harassing her to open an account each time she went in, saying they can't keep cashing the checks (drawn on THEIR bank) unless she opens an account. My father was furious. He said, "Come on, I'll go in with you" and stood by her side as she handed over the check to cash. Not a word from them; they silently cashed it and that was it. Not only is she Indonesian, but she's small, timid, extremely polite, and so it was pretty clear they were just trying to take advantage of her vulnerability. That really made us all mad.

I also had my own small experience with them. I had two accounts, checking and savings. When I moved here, I was surprised to discover there was NO locations anywhere remotely near me. I called and asked if I could close my accounts out, and they said no, that I would need to come into a location to close the account. I didn't fight it, since there was only a small amount of money in the accounts. One day, months later I realized I was no longer receiving statements, so I called to ask why. They said they "suspended" my accounts, with no explanation. At that point I was agitated and said I'd like to just close the accounts, if only there was a local branch. Then the lady I was talking to this time said, "Well, I can close them out for you right now and just mail you checks". [​IMG] Now why didn't they do that the first time I called?? [​IMG] I got my checks a week later and will not do business with them again.

7. mountaintopsilkies

mountaintopsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    MAINE
    I will never deal with them again! They lie, they tell you they are going to something and then turn around and say another thing. Their calling center is just a horrible experience! They make you wait for an hr., before you actually get to talk to someone, YET, There they are calling and you answer right away. So Disgusted!

I am trying to go through a loan mod. too. And its been a nightmare!

8. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Around here they're known as "Blood of America"

9. The Dark Unicorn

The Dark Unicorn Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2010
    Texas
    B of A..............

Ooooohhhhh they pizzed me off!

I had a Credit card with them, with a 2.99 percent interest rate. Keep in mind excellent credit standing at the time.

Always paid on time, paid what what due x2 at least and keep a modest balance.

Right after the bailout I received a letter informing me that my interest rate was being increased....

to 22.99%!!!! And the minimum payment was tripled!

I called and spoke to a representative and I quote "I am so sorry, your history does look good but they did this to everyone"

So needless to say I DO NOT Like Them!

10. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Wow..that says it all. Never will have an account with them again! They deliberately let you "overdraw" your account so they can collect more fees...my bank (suntrust) doesnt let that happen. If you dont have enough to cover the debit transaction it wont go through. Thats it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by