Bank run?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    European footballer Eric Cantona gave an interview a month or two back in which he recommended that the French should do a bank run on December 7th.

http://www.bankrun2010.com/

He is a huge celebrity there and this idea has taken wing in Europe. It does not seem to have caught on here - as much.

While this could give the banks a good wake up reminder, I don't think it will "destroy the system"

Good idea? Bad idea? WIll Europe do it?? Will US? What do you think?

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I think it would help if the link were in English so I could understand what this is all about.

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Cindi just click on the flag for the language you want! It is in a dozen languages!

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Can't get page to translate. Can someone give us the Cliff notes in English, please? Thanks

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    To get it to translate you have to wait and click the initials under the BRITISH FLAG for English.

I think if it turns into anything at all I'd have to say it would be fulfillment of biblical prophecy. From a world view standpoint...I don't think it is going to do much of anything. It's kind of pointless effort. They want to make a statement...vote. Pulling your money out of banks and broadcasting it over the internet for the world to know, will get you something...robbed. That's about it. Few will agree with me, but you asked what I thought, so there it is. I think it is silly, and will not be participating. Besides, I like my LOCAL bank [​IMG]

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I doubt I'd be robbed for the tiny bit that is our account...

But someone saying they pulled their life savings? A tycoon getting in on it? Yeah, that could be interesting.

Though, seems like the smart thing would be to get it all made out into a cashiers check. In your name. Put the check in your safe and then the next day, week, whatever go deposit the check in your account. Easy on you, safe for you (assuming you don't lose it of course), and it'll send the same message as if you'd pulled the cash.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by