Bankruptcy need advice

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PitterPaws, Nov 9, 2011.

1. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Has anyone ever had to file bankruptcy and they had no money and none coming in?
    I have a friend who is in this situation right now and she is very scared, and unsure,
    and needs some advice. Thanks

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Have her call the local legal aid office and see if they will help her probono or send her to a lawyer who specializes in bankruptcy that will help her.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    There is a book published by Nolo on bankruptcy. I can't remember the exact title. I got mine on amazon.com. With the use of this book and an online computer you can file bankruptcy yourself. The online computer isn't absolutely necessary, but it makes things MUCH easier. The forms can be filled out on line and then printed. There are a lot of forms, but don't get overwhelmed. Just go through the book one page and one form at a time, and you will do fine. At the back of the book there are tables of exemptions and things specific for your particular state. Other than the cost of the book, the only other cost is the filing fee which is just under $300. That you have to have. I filed a bankruptcy petition for a relative with the use of this book, and the courthouse clerk commented on how professional the bankruptcy petition I submitted looked. His bankruptcy has since been approved.

4. PitterPaws

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks I will let her know.

5. PitterPaws

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thanks this sounds like a good helpful book. I'll pass on the info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by