Bannas?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Jaygood787, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jaygood787

Jaygood787 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    Maine
    anybody feed there chickens bannaas? anything to be concerned about?

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I do. They love it. Concerns? Not having enough for everyone! [​IMG]

3. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

My chickens love bananas . My main concern is getting my arm bit off when bringing in the treats.

4. HappyTailsFarm

HappyTailsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG] Try fruit salad, haha, seriously, I did it the other day after it snowed since no one could get out and play, I had way too many bananas and those went in plus apples, and canned apricots cus i don't really like 'em but we had 'em, just for an example of the appreciation i got, the instant my best show phoenix got a whiff of the salad, he was leaning against his gate, and when i opened it, try as he might to stop himself, he fell out, (his cage is off the ground), i quickly grabbed him up before my flock rooster could have at him, got him back in his cage gave him his 'fruit salad' or 'chicken salad'-lol-and he looked at me like 'whoa, thanks m now leave me alone with my treats' ya' they all went nuts- [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. swordgeek

swordgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Westford, MA
    Bananas? Mine even eat the peel.

6. heather112588

heather112588 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    They knock it out of my hands before i even unpeel it! They run to me and jump up and down like excited puppies. It their fav snack.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Mine love bananas, and it's adorable when it gets stuck to their face. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by