1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Banning Kids In Restaurants...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HarlansHollowFarms, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I just heard on the news that a restaurant in Pennsylvania is banning children under the age of 6 from their establishment. All I can say is , I wish more places would do that.

Last night my DH and I went out for a quiet meal at a sit down restaurant. It was anything but quiet! People allow their children to run between tables, talk very loud and scream, they send 6 yros to catch the 2 yros, then send the 8 yro to catch the other 2. At what point did we have to start tolerating everyone's unruly children? When I was a child and when I had a child, and now that I have grandchildren.....this type of behaviour was and is never tolerated.

I feel, if you want your kids to run rampant, keep them at home, take them to Chuck E Cheese or McDs where they have activities for all their energy. Please do not bring them to a restaurant were adults are not interested in listening to your ill mannered children.

Kudos to the proprietors that are limiting children in their establishments! There is a time and a place for children to burn off pent up energy and it is not in a restaurant where people are dining!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Hear Hear!!!

There are some restaurants where children, misbehaved children, should not be allowed.

I took my wife to a very nice restaurant for a special occassion, the bill was well over $200.00, but the entire experience was ruined by a crying baby and a child running around the restaurant.

We told the manager our displeasure, his reaction was "What can we do?" It seems the restaurant in the OP's message found out what they could do.

Jim

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I agree 100%

Steve

4. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I agree that parents who let their children run wild while we are spending our hard earned dollars eating out is just the worst. We took our children out to eat with us from day one. I always had small (quiet) toys in my bag and a pad and crayons. I con't tell you how many people came over to our table and said what a good job we were doing with our children. Most of them said they didn't even realize children were sitting by them until they turned around to leave. I do wonder how a restaurant can ban certain people though, doesn't it have something to do with familial status. Maybe familial just covers fair housing discrimination.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Amen! PLEASE more places do this.

Not that I don't love the screaming, foot banging, child throwing tantrum because he's sugar-loaded off the coffee drink you let him have...
    I won't even BEGIN to bring up the IHop experience we had. I'll just say that every single person within a 50 foot radius refused to pay and instead handed our bills to the man whose children squirted ketchup onto every single table while his daughter threw silverware at all of us.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!

7. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:X2

8. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    It's not the kids that need to be banned, it is the parents. The kids act up or not depending on how the parents choose to discipline them.

9. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:I think most restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone, it is up to their discretion.

10. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I don't blame him. I was in a movie theater and this kid had to yell every single question about the movie. Several of us turned around and gave the parents a hard look, they left about 30 minutes into the movie and we got to watch it with out questions.
    My DD is 10 and has not been in a theater, she can't stay quiet during a movie at home so why would I subject others to her chatter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by