bantam and standard mix?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mandolinmama, Apr 23, 2007.

1. mandolinmama

mandolinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Urbana Missouri
    I was wondering if it's possible for a bantam roo to breed with a standard hen.
    Little Rodney Roo has been doing the funky chicken with our standard hen SEVERAL times a day.
    Any way they might hatch?

2. Menagerie

Menagerie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I have a week old chick that says sure...Mom standard RIR and Dad a Bantam fancy feather footed/silkie mix. the chick has feathers on it's legs but not the feet but is a little bigger than the full bantam siblings. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it grows up. Good luck with the hatching.

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I am sure! I just would hate to see it the other way around tho!! he he he! What a sight that must be![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. mandolinmama

mandolinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Urbana Missouri
    Thanks!
    It was so funny, tonight Rodney the rooster was sitting on the eggs!!!! I went to check under him and he acted like a broody hen all puffy, clucking and angry with me!! Guess he just wants to prove that the little man can do it as well as the big boys![​IMG]

5. akyramoto

akyramoto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Northern CA
    Looks like it will work! I asked the very same question last week - now i have two standard eggs about to hatch!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by