Bantam Assortment - Breeds? more pics added

AprilWC

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 7, 2011
north Georgia
We got 12 assorted bantams today and I was wondering if anyone could please help me determine what they are? Purchased from TSC, ours ordered from Privett . Edited to add some additional and better quality photos.

chick1.jpg
chick_1_2.jpg

Chick 1

chick2_2.jpg

Silkie

chick3.jpg

chick3_2_1.jpg
chick3_2.jpg

Chick 3 side and top has a flat-ish comb
*this chick looks like 7&8 but is bigger and the markings are slightly different

chick4.jpg
chick4_2.jpg

Chick 4
5 toes, feathered legs Almost a buff color compared to 12. flat comb, deep nostrils, buff feathers

chick5.jpg
chick5_2_1.jpg
chick5_2.jpg
chick11_2_2.jpg

Chick 5 flat comb, all black feathers

chick6.jpg

Chick 6 single comb

chick7.jpg

chick7_top.jpg
chicks78.jpg

Chicks 7&8 single comb One has brown feathers with black speckles the other has brown feathers with black AND white speckles (maybe a hen and rooster?)

chick9.jpg
chicks910.jpg

Chicks 9&10 single comb, black/white feathers

chick11.jpg

Chick 11 single comb

chick12.jpg
chick12_2.jpg

Chick 12
5 toes, feathered legs. Yellowflat comb

Last edited:
1. Golden Sebright
2. Blue silkie
3. Old English? Maybe BB Red?
4. Buff cochin?
7. Old English?
8. Old English?
11. Dorking?

No clue on the others
hmm.png
But mine are just guesses.

AC

4 I would guess is a poorly colored silkie.
11 might be a sultan
10 looks to have a beard/muffs, I would guess is a D'Anvers
The others are a little tougher to tell without knowing what kinds of combs they have. There are so many breeds that come in those colors that we could guess all day and not even come close. Leg color will also help determine breed and can, in some cases, change over the first couple of weeks.

Re-checked number 4's skin color, most likely a Silkie.

It's sort of exciting not knowing what they are. I am hoping for mostly hens though. Any other ideas for the remaining chicks?

Last edited:
I'm thinking that maybe chick number 12 is a bantam Sultan. What do you guys think? The little feathers coming in on the wings are white, skin is pink, has a 5th toe, a crest.

On chicks 9&10, the wing feathers are black and white. What could that indicate? Barred rock bantams?

Chick 4 I don't think it's a silkie if so not a very good one
hmm.png
Silkies are supposed to have the bluish black legs and a bluish beak. But who knows my book could be wrong
hu.gif

AC

It has very dark skin, not black like the blue one. On the belly it's especially dark but on the back it is lighter but not pink like the other yellow chick. Any idea what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom