1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Barred Rock

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mudsow, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Mudsow

Mudsow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2009
    Does anyone have the bantam variety of barred rocks? I just lost my Standard Barred Rock Hen and was thinking about getting a small version. Do they have the same outgoing docile personality?

Mudsow

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    From what i have heard, the bantams are very docile [​IMG]

3. Amanda4414

Amanda4414 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2012
    New Jersey
    I have Barred Rock Bantams and they are the best birds ever. This past year was my first year showing a chicken at my 4-H fair and ended up winning Grand Champion Showmanship, Reserve Champion Rooster, Reserve Champion Hen, First Place Beginner Category, and 3rd in Round Robin which is when all the Grand Champion Showmanship Winners show a chicken, rabbit, horse, goat, lamb, and pig. I did amazing for my first year and love my chickens. Please subscribe to Amanda4414 and we can discuss the breed, I am very excited to expand my knowledge.[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of them during the fair:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by