Bantam Bin Breed Help, Please?

Harrisheart

Chirping
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Hello, all! I was hoping that some of you kind folks might help me to identify the breeds of my bantams. I apologize in advance if the pictures are not very helpful - I took them before I knew what angles were more helpful and they're all I have left now after I lost my little babies to dogs :/.
There are actually only two I am really looking to identify - in the interest of possibly getting some of same or similar breed in the future ^^;. I didn't want to even try getting chickens again but after recently raising a trio of little mutt hens for my grandfather I find that I miss having feathered critters around.

This is them all together when we brought them home, if that's at all helpful. I imagine it's not but just in case X3.

And them together again, older now. This was the day I spent some time trying to get decent pictures and mostly failing while they spent most of the time wondering what on earth I was doing and eating at the grass. And peeping. I had to reassure them every time a cat or my grandmother walked by X3.

This is the first one and the one I'm dying to know the breed of. I actually ended up calling her 'Pillow' because she was so docile and lovey and grew to be overly puffy and so, so soft, just like a cute little pillow X3.

And my little boy. He never really had a name aside from 'little one' and later 'little boy' but was so full of character he quickly made himself dear to me and indeed - even when he started to show signs that made my grandmother and father tell me he was going to be a rooster I'd decided he couldn't go. Rooster or no we were going to make arrangements to keep him.
The best I could figure before with my (VERY) inexpert opinion - just looking at picture for what matched X3 - was that he was an OEGB. But I'm probably wrong XD.

pillow looks like a light brahma
hugs.gif
sorry about your babies

Thank you ^^. I do miss them still!
Light Brahma, huh? I thought light brahma's were brown birds for some reason - but I see ow from the images I've been pulling up that are actually white? Thank you!

The first is a light Brahma. The second could be any number of breeds but I would lay bets on Old English Game or Dutch as those are more common bantam breeds than Welsummer, Phoenix, Leghorn, or Plymouth Rock. In your second group picture, I see at least 3 light Brahmas and a buff Brahma.

Thank you ^^. I do miss them still!
Light Brahma, huh? I thought light brahma's were brown birds for some reason - but I see ow from the images I've been pulling up that are actually white? Thank you!
theres light- white with little black buff- tan with little black and dark- even black and white

Thank you guys so much for your help!
I'm looking forward to the possibilities of getting chickens again in spring, and now that I know what breed I want more Brahmas if I can get them. They seem well suited to me and my situation as well as my grandfather - as he's looking to get a small flock as well.
Only this time around, I plan to have an ultra predator proof coop and run beforehand. I couldn't bear losing more babies!

Back
Top Bottom