Bantam bin moment of weakness What are we??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JosieChick, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Hi to all you chicken experts,

I had a moment of weakness the other day at the feed store and have 5 bantam chicks but no idea what they are! Anyone want to take a guess for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lovable Chicks

Lovable Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    O...so cute

3. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    OMG, who can blame you -- look how cute they are. I'm guessing wildly in the dark -- the white one is a white cochin. She has a little something else in her -- the tips of her wings are that lemony-ginger color. The last two creamy one -- lets say they are Splash Favorelles. And that middle guy looks familiar, but I can't place him...
    They're all really cute.

Jenny

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Ohhhh, been there, done that!!! SO adorable! I was lucky enough to pick MY bantam straight run chicks out of labeled bins so I knew I had Sebright chicks, and bantam EEs, and a bantam Buff Brahma.

In your case, lessee, you got some bantam chicks there, with feathery feet and some bantam chicks there without feathery feet. A bunch of cute chicks, that's what you have.

Glad I could help! [​IMG]

5. JosieChick

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Gosh you guys are useless!! [​IMG] They are awful cute, I am not very familiar with bantam breeds so I am hoping someone will take a stab at them! Or maybe give me some breeds to think about as they grow up?[​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'm more of an LF kinda gal, but. . . I'd say the last two are Cochins, the first is an Old English Game Bantam, and the second. . . It looks like a Porcelain D'Uccle, but I don't see a beard or muffs. [​IMG]

7. foxhomechickens

foxhomechickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Very cute
    [​IMG]

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    These are guesses, I'm not as good at figuring out chicks as I am adults, though! I've had most of these breeds, though, so it's not completely grasping at straws.

1. OEGB? Maybe a crele, based off the feathers it has so far. I haven't raised creles yet so I can't say for sure, but that's just a guess.

2. ??? Maybe a light-colored cochin? Not sure.

3. Probably either golden sebright gold-laced OEGB.

4. Buff cochins!

Regardless, they're cute! Post again when they have more feathers in a few weeks and it'll be easier to tell what they are for certain. [​IMG]

9. JosieChick

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Thanks everyone! Are OEGB crazy? That first chick is a jumping bean! I will post pics in a few weeks, was hoping to snatch a cochin or two so that would be great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by