BANTAM BLACK COCHIN for sale in Portland OR

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by portlandpeeps, Nov 10, 2008.

1. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    I have a 9 month old hen for sale. She's laid 2 eggs. I think the problem is our other hens continuously pick on her. She's extremely sweet and deserves a coop where she will be accepted as she is, feathered feet and all.

$30 to good home. I cannot ship her, so you need to be in the Portland area.

2. portlandpeeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    Here are a couple of photos of Raven to entice you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was a great surrogate mother to our golden-laced wyandotte when she was young (she's a standard hen and is now twice the size of Raven)

3. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    I've only seen one other cochin and it was HUGE! (Gopher Boy's girl). Is yours huge too? With fluffy feet? What color eggs does she lay?

Hmm I'm very tempted. I know DH will kill me if I bring home another chicken...lmao! Good Lord, they are so addicting. We have two 3 month old hens that are very shy and sweet and could use a big sister to stand up for them....

~Caran

Do you think maybe we could come by and see her and your other girls? It's always fun to check out everyone else's chickens and of course meet the locals!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  4. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Ok re-read your post. She's a banty!!! So how big/small is she then? We do have a banty EE, and she's teeny. I still want her though!!! I was telling DH the other day that we needed one more banty to make our egg sales work out better....

Can you take a picture of her next to your standard please????

5. portlandpeeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    Quote:Getting a photo might be a challenge now that it's rainy nonstop out there. The girls have been hanging out inside most of the time. She is best buds with our standard.

She is a banty and is quite small. She's about the size of our banty EE, but just fluffier with feathered feet.

She only laid 2 eggs before she started getting picked on by the other hens and quit. Her eggs were a darker cream color.

You could come by and see her. I'll be around this weekend. Send me a PM and I'll give you our address.

Here's a photo of Raven with her 1st egg:

[​IMG]

6. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    She's so pretty. Good luck finding her a good home. She's precious!

7. portlandpeeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    She is very pretty and sweet too. Sounds like you have the perfect situation for her at your place Chilisweet. Raven would be a wonderful big sis. She was so sweet to our golden-laced wyandotte when she was little. That's her little head you see peeking out from under Raven in the second picture.

8. mydaughterloveschickens

mydaughterloveschickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2008
    Albany, Oregon
    is raven still available? My daughter has a white cochin rooster and hen and is crazy about them. she's five and taking care of her chickens is her favorite thing to do. I would love to surprise her at Christmas with a new cochin friend or two. hens.

9. portlandpeeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    Quote:I sent you a pm. Yes, she's still available. She's a really sweet girl, but our other hens and always picking on her. I would love her to go to a good home where she will thrive. Where are you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by