bantam blue cochins from ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ameraucanacrazy, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    what is the percentage of getting blue black and splash in that group and if any one has gotten bantam cochins from ideal can u tell me how they are and what the percentage of males and females are

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Have you called them? Blue, black, and splash can be distinguished at hatch, so I would think they would seperate them, since they sell all 3 colors. If they don't seperate them, the chances of getting the three colors greatly depends on what color the parent birds are. If the parent birds are both blue, the percent of each color is: Blue 50%; Black 25%; 25% splash. If one parent is blue and the other black, the percentages are: 50% blue; 50% black. If one parent is splash and the other black, all the chicks would be blue. So it really depends on what color the parents are. You should call Ideal hatchery and ask them how they do it.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    It's probably different for each customer. I doubt they send everyone the same color ratios or sex ratios. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by