Bantam Blue Salmon Faverolle??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dahlia333, May 16, 2010.

1. dahlia333

dahlia333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Portland
    Hello,

A week ago I bought 5 Bantam blue salmon fav chicks from a local breeder. They are now around 3 1/2 weeks old. 2 of them have always looked a little different than the others. They have a black stripe on their heads and a brown/black stripe down their backs. The other 3 were more of the yellow body with the color on their wings and tails. They all have a lot more color now, but I thought I'd post some pics of the 2 "different" ones. Maybe they are mixed?? I don't know if the Blue Salmon color differently when they are babies? What do you think?
    Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Those are not pure Faverolles. Favs have beards, and 5 toes. They may be a cross or a completely different breed, idk. I would ask the breeder what other varieties he/she has. Do your have pics of the other chicks?
    Here is a picture of a couple of my Favs as chicks. Blue Salmon rooster on the left, "regular" Salmon rooster on the right.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  3. dahlia333

Apr 22, 2010
    Portland
    They do all have 5 toes. Here are a couple other pics of the other chicks--not enough profile though. I'll have to take more. I asked the breeder if they could be mixed and she never answered. [​IMG]
    She did not represent them as mixed though...guess it will be interesting to see how they look as adults.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dahlia333

Apr 22, 2010
    Portland
    How disappointing. A couple of the reasons that I wanted the Faverolle breed was because I like how they look and heard they have good temperaments....now I don't know what I have. I really hate being lied to and ripped off [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by