Bantam Breed Help!

Esse2009

Hatching
Apr 13, 2017
I got a few assorted bantams this spring and am stumped on what a couple of them could be. I've searched everywhere as they've grown and gotten their feathers and haven't been able to pinpoint a breed. When we got them as babies, 1 was a brown color with dark stripes (I think this may be a Welsummer bantam). The other was all yellow with some small black spots here and there. As they've gotten their feathers they both look identical now. They have blueish/grey tails fading into brown at the tops of the wings and light brown heads. The only difference between the 2 is the one that was originally yellow has a slightly lighter colored head. I still think the brown one may be a welsummer but have not been able to find a single breed that changes as significantly as the little yellow one did. Any help would be appreciated! I will try to add pictures as soon as I can. My phone is currently not working properly and I can't get pictures uploaded, but I have a new one coming soon and will try to add them as soon as I can! I have included an example photo of the welsummer look that leads me to believe the little brown one is a welsummer. They do both have the kind of speckled look of the welsummer but unlike the picture, the one that started out yellow gets lighter brown/tan toward the top of the head.

P.S. I'm not sure if 'speckled' is the correct term for that kind of coloring. I'm new to the backyard chicken world and not super familiar with all of the color descriptions used.

The picture in my post is an example pulled from google, not an actual picture of my birds! Please read entire post for information. I know one of them is a welsummer, but I have another of similar coloring I'm not sure about. I was thinking maybe American Game Bantam, Anyone else have experience/knowledge of coloring I explained in my post?

If your hen has similar coloring, I would say she is probably a Golden Duckwing or Black Breasted Red Old English Game bantam.

Back
Top Bottom