bantam breed ID

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Doc McCluckins, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Doc McCluckins

Doc McCluckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    I got these two girls in an assorted bantam mix. They are not necessarily purebred but could be. Anyone know what they might be? (Ignore the blur that is my D'Uccle roo coming to run me off from his ladies lol)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Silkie crosses. Probably with a Japanese going by the high tail set.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    How many toes do they have on each foot? I'm thinking Cochin or D'Uccle crosses.

4. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    x2!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    bantam crosses + don't let your roo chase you away. You are ALPHA he is NOT!

6. Doc McCluckins

Doc McCluckins Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    I'll try to remember to count their toes this evening. The D'Uccle cross is probably the most likely. The lady I got them from had several D'Uccles and raised these babies. I got my D'Uccles from her but when I was picking I liked these gals a lot to so they also came home with me.

My roo isn't aggressive. I joke that he is but he is harmless. I wish I had a picture of my toddler toting him around the yard. She has named him Popsy. I moved my bannies into a smaller coop where she can help me take care of them. She calls them her "baby chickens" (the best part is they will never grow up!), the other day she had stuck her head in and was planning on giving Popsy a big ole kiss on the beak. I quickly explained to her that he has a very hard mouth (among other reasons) and she did not want to kiss him. I glad he is so docile otherwise she probably would have gotten pecked.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by