bantam breed question NEW 9 WEEK OLD PICS INCLUDED!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chixrus, May 2, 2009.

1. chixrus

chixrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    i'm SOOOOOO excited!! i just got my first four bantam chicks! two are bantam rir and two are assorted. my question is, what breed are the assorted? i know that this will be difficult w/out pics, but i wanted to know what you guys thought. i will take and post pics tomorrow as soon as possible. the first is a creamish colored clean-legged chick w/ coloring like a light brahma. the second is a black chick with a little white. at first i thought that it was a bantam barred rock, but the feathers coming in are all black. the white is on the neck and a little on the wings.

pics are here!! this is the one that resembles a light brahma w/out the feathery feet as a chick (Popcorn)
    [​IMG]
    i hoped that this one was a barred rock, but the feathers are too black (Princess)
    [​IMG]

and here's Princess at nine weeks
    [​IMG]
    and Popcorn at the same age
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. chixrus

Oct 24, 2008
    anyone? any guesses? they came from cackle hatchery, if that helps

3. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Black Australorps come in a bantam variety. Looks rather like my standard BAs. Not sure about the yellow, sorry. Very cute though! [​IMG]

4. chixrus

Oct 24, 2008
    thanks! [​IMG]

5. chixrus

Oct 24, 2008
    ok, so know the little black one is completely black, with little wihte spots on her wings. the cream one is now a mottled brown and cream and is very small. I think she might be a serama, judging by her tail feathers and size.

6. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Hatchery's don't have Serama. Maybe she is an OEGB?

7. chixrus

Oct 24, 2008
    what's an OEGB? i forgot to say that the black one has blue extra wattle things, i don't know the correct term for them

8. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

I have two little bantams that look like your yellow one. They're two weeks old. I'll be interested in finding out what they are also. I'll be taking update pics soon and will post them to see what everyone thinks.

9. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:OEGB = Old English Game Bantam. I have one that is very tiny, less than 16 ounces. Cackle sells them. Here is a pic of a chick from their website:

[​IMG]

10. chixrus

Oct 24, 2008
    that looks exactly like the little black one, do you know if they have those blue wattle things?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by