bantam Brown leghorns?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rancher hicks, Nov 13, 2010.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Can anyone tell me anything about this breed? Preferrably the Rosecomb variety.

2. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Well, they're the perfect size to hang with Frenchy! [​IMG] Surely, someone out there knows something???

3. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    We shall see, I've googled them but can't find anything about the bantams. Of course if they are from the ALBC they may be rare. [​IMG] I'll check their site. I checked the ABA site and AlBC and found nothing.

FYI those who missed the conference, you missed an excellent time, BIG TIME.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Well, I know nothing at all about them .......

BUT, I want to know all about the ALBC conference! [​IMG]

5. danhonour

danhonour Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    Dutchess County,NY
    Try the American Brown Leghorn Club ,they started about 1901 and include Light And Dark,large and bantam,Rose Comb and Single.I believe they have links from feathersite and showbirdbid proboards.

6. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I have 2 brown rosecomb leghorns! From personal experience, they are not my favorite breed. They are smaller, very flighty and skiddish. I will never again get them. I got them because I heard they are great layers, and the turned out not so great! But the lay white eggs. Beautiful birds though, that's why I keep them around. If they can free range they do really well, but panic when anyone goes in the coop. The Roosters are gorgeous!

7. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:thanks I'll give them a try.
    Rancher

8. Buns

Buns Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas
    We had a pair about six to seven months old - absolutely gorgeous! They did not have a rosecomb. The *only* reason I sold them was that they were so skittish and panicky that after a month of being cage kept I was pretty convinced I wasn't going to be able to tame them down. He actually slipped past me twice, he was quick! The rooster was exceptionally beautiful and had a tail that would make anyone take a second look. Hopefully you can find some that are more calm by nature. Also, my bantam leghorns were not what I would call exceptionally small. Good luck finding your perfect birds! [​IMG]

9. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I have the perfect birds, they are my Delawares. These were won in a silent auction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by