Bantam bunch!

nicolelo34

Chirping
May 29, 2020
I have a few chicks from the Tractor Supply bantam bin, and I’m not entirely sure the breed of these few.

I was thinking that the small grey and brown chickens are Easter Eggers? (Sorry there’s not a great picture of the grey. It’s very elusive and doesn’t like to be photographed!) And are they pullets? I’m not entirely sure in my large rooster either.

Thanks for your input! :)

Attachments

• LND_1938.jpeg
    LND_1938.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 36
  • LND_1664.jpeg
    LND_1664.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 17
  • LND_1662.jpeg
    LND_1662.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0619.png
    IMG_0619.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    643.2 KB · Views: 18
Picture 1 is a quail Belgian bantam, otherwise known as D'Anvers. Or it could be an Easter egger. Unclear which. Would need a shot of the side of its body to sex it, but I'm thinking pullet.

2, 3 This looks like one of the 'blue' Leghorns offered recently by the hatcheries. Not sure that it is a bantam. It is definitely a boy.

4, 5 Is this the same one as in the first picture? If so, it is a pullet. Still not sure if it's an Easter egger or D'Anvers. The silver one in an Easter egger pullet.

Picture 1 is a quail Belgian bantam, otherwise known as D'Anvers. Or it could be an Easter egger. Unclear which. Would need a shot of the side of its body to sex it, but I'm thinking pullet.

2, 3 This looks like one of the 'blue' Leghorns offered recently by the hatcheries. Not sure that it is a bantam. It is definitely a boy.

4, 5 Is this the same one as in the first picture? If so, it is a pullet. Still not sure if it's an Easter egger or D'Anvers. The silver one in an Easter egger pullet.
I totally agree on my big rooster not being a bantam! When he was a baby chick he grew twice as fast as the others and I always said he escaped his trough at Tractor Supply and they put him in with the bantams! 😂

Thank you so much! You’ve helped a lot!

This is impressive. Bantam breeds are so tough to remember.

Back
Top Bottom