Bantam Chick Hatcheries Near Portland Oregon?

Chickenlovers6

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Hi, so I am looking for a place to order some bantam chicks, but I can't find a hatchery that sells them andnhas a cheap price for them. If you have bantams (or just know a place) could you tell me where you bought them so that I might do the same? Thanks!
jumpy.gif

Google "chicken hatcheries near Portland, Oregon". I just did, and a whole lot of results popped up.
If you have to have them shipped to you, and only want a few, your options are going to be very limited. And, the fewer you order, the more you can expect to pay in shipping. If I were you, I'd stalk Craigslist or some other local sales group until you find what you want (unless one of those Google search results has what you want and are in driving distance).
Good luck!

I live in Vancouver, WA and hatch eggs as a hobby. I actually have bantams hatching right now, at this very moment. There's plenty of hatcheries to choose from, though. But I just wanted to throw that out there, if you wanted some chicks right now or wanted someone to hatch eggs for you! I only hatch in small clutches and love to dote on my chicks until they find a new home. But right now I have the following that have completely hatched (more in the process):

One Black Rose Comb Bantam
One Japanese Batam
One Dutch OR Old English Bantam (I can't tell)
Two Lavender Hamburg Bantams

Here's the top three:

I wish you luck over the holidays finding your bantam chicks!

Last edited:
Hi,

I live in the Willamette Valley and love bantams! Several feeds stores in the Corvallis area get bantam assortments that usually contain plenty of cochins to choose from. These stores include Del's in Philomath, which is getting bantams in on Feb 19th, and Coastal Farm Supply in Albany. I have gotten all sorts of fun bantams out of these assortments, including a Porcelain d'Uccle, Mille Fleur d'Uccle, gold and silver Sebrights, Old English Games, an adorable partridge rock bantam, and many colors of cochin bantams. They are all sold as straight run, and I have ended up with about 60-70% hens.

Another source of bantams is from 4-H kids. The Benton County Fair has a good chicken display, and you can connect with the 4H'ers who almost always can sell you some of their excess bantams or chicks.

Good luck, and have fun with your bantams. I am counting the days to Feb 19th to see what I can pick up at Del's.

I'm looking for a young 6-7 month old buff laced polish hen as a buddy for our modern game bantam hen. Actually any type of bantam hen around that age. I live in hood river and am hoping to find something this weekend in /near Portland...... Anyone.

Back
Top Bottom