bantam chick question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lilchicklover, Jun 15, 2011.

1. lilchicklover

lilchicklover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I ordered from my pet chicken awhile ago and my chickens should be getting here the 28th of this month!!!! but I had a question about the safety of my 2 silkie chicks, they are the only bantams in a box filled with 5 other large breed chickens a brahma, orpington, faverolle, and 2 wyandottes, how large is the possibility that they will be trampled to death by the other chickens and what do i do if they are. If I don't want to order again should I go to the farm supply store and get more chicks so they grow up together. sorry if this is in the wrong section im a newbie.. [​IMG]
    thanks for all the help in advance.. im a first time chicken owner [​IMG] im a little nervous [​IMG] ...

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    In my last order of chicks from Ideal I had 4 turkens, 2 speckled sussex, 3 easter eggers, 3 salmon faverolles - all standards - and two silkies. The silkies did just fine.

3. lizage

lizage Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    How old will the chicks be when you receive them? Mine were about a week old and they were just fine.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They should be fine. I've noticed my bantam chilled much easier then the others. I needed to lower the heat lamp for the first week or so. After that she was fine. [​IMG]

5. lilchicklover

Apr 16, 2011
    They will be a 2 days old... and thanks for the replies:)

6. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    My Pet Chicken does a great job with packaging their chicks. I am sure that your chicks will arrive safely and be sure to post pictures when they arrive! [​IMG] AND [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. lilchicklover

Apr 16, 2011
    I defiantly will post pictures.. and thanks i LOVE this website!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by