bantam chick question

lilchicklover

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I ordered from my pet chicken awhile ago and my chickens should be getting here the 28th of this month!!!! but I had a question about the safety of my 2 silkie chicks, they are the only bantams in a box filled with 5 other large breed chickens a brahma, orpington, faverolle, and 2 wyandottes, how large is the possibility that they will be trampled to death by the other chickens and what do i do if they are. If I don't want to order again should I go to the farm supply store and get more chicks so they grow up together. sorry if this is in the wrong section im a newbie..
tongue.png

thanks for all the help in advance.. im a first time chicken owner
celebrate.gif
im a little nervous
hu.gif

In my last order of chicks from Ideal I had 4 turkens, 2 speckled sussex, 3 easter eggers, 3 salmon faverolles - all standards - and two silkies. The silkies did just fine.

How old will the chicks be when you receive them? Mine were about a week old and they were just fine.

They should be fine. I've noticed my bantam chilled much easier then the others. I needed to lower the heat lamp for the first week or so. After that she was fine.
smile.png

My Pet Chicken does a great job with packaging their chicks. I am sure that your chicks will arrive safely and be sure to post pictures when they arrive!
smile.png
AND
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom