1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cindii17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. cindii17

cindii17 New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    South Texas
    Need Answers!
    I have a 2 week old bantam. Its such a pretty little thing with it's feathered legs and feet. Its is eating, drinking, and running around fine, however it's wings are growing outwards. It is the only one out of my batch of 6 that is displaying this "feature." I am not sure how to help my baby....please help!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop

Hi :welcome

Are they growing outwards like this chick in the pic ~

[​IMG]

If so your chick is a frizzle.

3. cindii17

cindii17 New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    South Texas
    YES!!!
    What a relief!!! I thought my baby was sick. I do think it is odd that it is the only one out of the batch that looks that way. Regardless, I cant wait to see it fully grown.
    Thank you!!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Your most welcome :highfive:
    What breed are your chicks?

One of the parent birds has to be frizzle to produce frizzle off Spring. So one of your chicks parents must have been a frizzle. A frizzle is not guaranteed though as there is only a 50% chance of the frizzle gene being passed on.

5. cindii17

cindii17 New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    South Texas
    My "big girls" are 3 Plymouth Barred Rocks, and 2 Cross breeds. Those 5 are the sweetest spoiled things and great layers!! My chicks are also 10 Barred Rockss and a 12 cross Red Sex-Link. I also have 6 ducklings to join the crew of 3. I love duck eggs! I am in love with my birds!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by