Bantam chicken, looked like OE when smaller but now we don't know...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bantamfarmer, May 12, 2010.

1. Bantamfarmer

Bantamfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2009
    Morenci, MI
    This chick was born 29 March 2010 at Townline hatchery and we're not quite sure what it is. When it was a chick it looked pretty clearly like an old english game bantam, perhaps a silver duckwing, but we don't really know. As it has aged it does not look like any chicken we can find. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 to 2 days old:
    [​IMG]

2 weeks:
    [​IMG]

4 weeks:
    [​IMG]

43 days:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Tap Dancing Chickie

Tap Dancing Chickie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2010
    Perry County PA
    OMG I do not know what breed but BOY OH BOY is it ever CUTE!!!!!![​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    What kind of bantams do they have at townline? I looked them up, but when I clicked on bantams, I got pick of ducks, guineas, and turkeys, and way down at the bottom there was something saying bantam with a picture of the "Ameraucana"

I think he looks like a Dutch bantam because of how small he was when you got him.

4. Bantamfarmer

Bantamfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2009
    Morenci, MI
    Their site is sorely lacking and we've tried Emailing them also without much luck.

We've gotten a silkie, along with golden and silver sebrights as well as Porcelein & Mille Fleur d'Uccles from them for sure. Other bantams we've gotten look like Old English Game bantams to us but we aren't positive.

5. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    That looks just like Tiny!!!! Now I think I have a pretty good idea of tiny will look like when older, tytyty. I got Tiny from TSC as their teenybopper sales clerks had no clue what to do and he/she was so small I was worried they would kill it. Mt Healthy Hatchery has no clue what Tiny is (you would think they would at least know what they are selling). I posted pics of Tiny on another what kinda bantam thread in this forum if you want to check it out.

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Still looks like an OEGB to me, just an unusual color. Not sure what to call that color! I'm sure an OEGB expert will be able to pinpoint what it is.

7. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
  8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Not silver quill, too much brown. I don't know what it is. It almost looks like a Silver duckwing mix...

9. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Hmmm... I just noticed that she has a solid black tail. Maybe not a silver quill after all.

I agree with Blackbird, could be a mix.

10. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    lets get one thing strait, It's a rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by