Bantam chicks, Mt Healthy, what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MomMommyMamma, Apr 16, 2011.

1. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Woopsy! How did those little chicks get into my bag! I texted hubby, "I was attacked by a bin of bantam chicks at the feed store. Managed to fight off all but 2." [​IMG]

What do you think these cuties are? The folks working there just said they were from Mt Healthy. No chart or pictures. Got home and went to Mt Healthy site - all their description of their bantam assortment is, "Known as the "Flower Garden" of the poultry world because of their beautiful coloring. They are about 1/4 size of standard bred chickens and are perfect for pets and exhibition. You will truly fall in love with these beautiful birds." Not much help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can it be? I have wanted silver sebrights for a while now...they look like these I think. Yes? Oh how fun! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  3. Justanother Brooke

Justanother Brooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Goldendale, WA
    Here's my silver sebright as a little one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty similar to me! [​IMG]

4. MomMommyMamma

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:Oh my goodness! I am so thrilled! I just picked them out because they were different from the others and here they turn out to be something I've really wanted! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by