Bantam chicks or eggs wanted for 4H project

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SloCrevs, Nov 6, 2007.

1. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Hey, if anybody has any chicks or eggs that they would like to donate, or sell for CHEAP, I'm starting a new poultry project this year for my new 4H group. We've got $100.00, and I am planning on doing a fundraiser, but I have an incubator and supplies, but we're planning on getting a standard, so that knocks out $50-$80. I can definitely pay for shipping(most likely out of pocket). I would really like to be able to work with chicks and eggs this year, so If you have any ready in about 3 weeks, please, please, email, pm me, or post. Thank you SOOO Much!
    -Sarah

PS. These are all(besides me) beginner, 1st year members. So please, I hate to refuse them, but no silkies. I don't recommend silkies to my kids until they've raised birds for ~3 years. Thanks!

2. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    PS...I could possibly trade for some Serama eggs...No guarantee though, girls should start laying soon, my mottled is just about ready, and I should be getting a layer in about 2 weeks. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  3. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Have you checked on Ebay? A lot of times they will have eggs really cheap.

jackie

4. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Thank you, I have, I really don't trust auction sites, unless I have personally talked to the person and know what quality I'm getting. I'll give it another once over though, thanks for the advice.

5. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I could have Millie Fluer D'Uccle and serama eggs if you're interested.Serama eggs are notoriuosly bad about shipping though. Just e-mail me when your ready for them and we'll work something out. I'll just let you have them fpor shipping and cost of packing material.

6. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Just send me your addy - and the number of egg holes ya got in that incubator --------[​IMG]

7. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Thanks for the offers, I sent you guys pms.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd check eggbid.com they have some really nice birds, make sure they have pictures. its easy to email and talk to the sellers also, so it's not as scary as ebay.

9. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Awesome, thanks Kanchii.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by